Child Support

CN Child Support Services P.O. Box 557 Tahlequah, OK 74465

Court Information

Child support orders are commonly created after a legal separation or divorce order is completed.  They can also be utilized when an unmarried parent seeks child support either on their own through or a private attorney or if they wish to utilize a child support agency to establish an order. When two parents get divorced, or when an unmarried couple separate, they are faced with some very important and complex issues. One of the most important matters is child support or payments that go towards maintaining a child’s quality of life.

Creating a child support agreement can be difficult, especially if the parties involved are not on good terms. But, it can be done with the assistance of a neutral party to all involved; Cherokee Nation Office of Child Support Services (CNOCSS) can assist by serving as the neutral party. The first step in determining child support is locating the other parent. This is essential, as the court cannot issue or enforce an order without knowing the whereabouts of both parents.

Next, a judge will examine a number of factors that must be considered when trying to establish an order that all parties can agree upon.  While these elements vary, the goal of a this agreement is to serve the child’s best interests. More specifically, the purpose of a child support agreement is to set payment amounts that will maintain the child’s current standard of living. Factors for consideration include, but are not limited to:

  • The monthly and annual income of both parents
  • Whether either parent is providing support to a child from a previous relationship
  • The amount paid in childcare by the custodial parent, or the parent that has physical custody
  • The extent to which each parent should be responsible for paying for the child’s health insurance


District Court of the Cherokee Nation

Central Counties Tribal Court (CCTC)

Cherokee Nation District Court House
|17675 S. Muskogee Ave.
Tahlequah, OK 74464

Southern Counties Tribal Court (SCTC)

Cherokee Nation Human Services Office
307 & 309 North Dogwood
Sallisaw, OK 74955

Northern Counties Tribal Court (NCTC)

Cherokee Nation Human Services Office
219 NE 1st Street
Pryor, OK 74361


District Court of Oklahoma

Adair County

220 W. Division Street
Stilwell, OK 74960

Nowata County

229 N. Maple Street
Nowata, OK 74048

Cherokee County

213 W Delaware Street
Tahlequah, OK 74464

Ottawa County

102 E. Central Ave.
Miami, OK 74354

Craig County

210 W. Delaware
Vinita, OK 74301

Rogers County

200 S. Lynn Riggs Blvd.
Claremore, OK 74017

Delaware County

331 S. 6th Street
Jay, OK 74346

Sequoyah County

120 E. Chickasaw St.
Sallisaw, OK 74955

Mayes County

1 Court Place, Suite 200
Pryor, OK 74361

Tulsa County

500 S. Denver Ave.
Tulsa, OK 74103

McIntosh County

110 N. 1st Street
Eufaula, OK 74432

Wagoner County

307 E. Cherokee St.
Wagoner, OK 74467

Muskogee County

220 State Street
Muskogee, OK 74402

Washington County

420 S. Johnstone Ave.
Bartlesville, OK 74003

What should I bring to child support court?

  • Federal Income Taxes for the past 2 years;
  • Pay stubs;
  • Evidence of a new job and its start date;
  • Evidence of health insurance premiums paid for the child;
  • Evidence of payment of child support to the obligee (canceled checks, money order receipts, etc.);
  • Evidence of extra payments for child support (canceled checks, money order receipts, etc.);
  • Evidence the children have been living with you and not the obligee;
  • Evidence that you and the obligee have been living together with the children—a lease, an electric bill, etc.;
  • Benefits award letter if you receive Social Security Supplemental Income; Benefits award letter if you receive Veterans Compensation or Pension;
  • Evidence you are paying for, or can begin to pay for, health insurance for the child through your employer;
  • Any other evidence that can show you have provided financial support to the children;
  • Evidence that you have been seeking employment;
  • Evidence you have filed for either Social Security or Veterans Benefits.

    These are not the only items you should bring to court. Always bring a form of identification. If you have other items that can prove your testimony to the court is true, bring them with you.