Child Support

1511 Ketcher Street, Building C Tahlequah, OK 74464

For Employers

The Office Child Support Services will send an Income Withholding Order to an employer if a client is employed or believed to be employed by that business. Under Federal, State and/or Tribal Law an employer is required to comply with the Income Withholding Order and failure to do so can result in action being taken against them. If an employee is not employed by the business, the employer should complete the Notification of Employment Termination or Income Status section of the IWO and return it promptly to our office.

  • What? 
    • An Income Withholding Order (IWO) is a court-mandated payroll deduction for child support and is statutorily effective upon the date of receipt.
    • Any agency sending you an income withholding order for child support must use the OMB 0970-0154 approved IWO
    • Note: *You cannot terminate an employee because of child support withholding*
  • Why?
    • If a noncustodial parent has an unpaid child support debt and is your employee, a court or child support agency will send you an Income Withholding order (IWO) to withhold payments per the court ordered child support obligation.
  • Where?
    • Payments are to be sent to:

Cherokee Nation Child Support Payment Center
P.O. Box 21046
Tulsa, OK  74121

  • Please include the MTS # and clients name on the payment.
  • At this time Electronic Transfer of Funds (EFT) is not available.

If you have questions regarding an Income Withholding Order, please feel free to contact us at 918-453-5444 or toll free at (866) 247-5346 or via email at: